Thursday, August 27, 2009

Speed is essential

Dearest buddies,

I had my followup checkup for my hypertension at UMMC with Prof Dr Khoo on 19th August 2009. My blood pressure reading is at 148-96 and 148-100, lower than the earlier results. Ask me to reduce my hypertension pills to Amlodipine Norvasc 5mg and to prescribe Perindopril 4mg tablets (half tablet a day - for cleansing my kidney or liver). Next appointment on 16th August 3pm. For your info, I was there at 1.35pm and there is a long queue and my number was number 18, by the time I completed my checkup and collected my medicine, wow the time is almost 4.15pm. Well it cost me RM15 to be there for almost 3 hours, if I go to a private hospital I believe the charges plus medicine should be around RM80 to RM120+ and the whole process will take 1 hour-the most (of course I can utilise my medical card) ..... just to remind you of the importance of medical card.

My taxi fares to and fro cost me RM20 - more costly than the above, of course I can opt for bus but again time will be the factor again. Sometime it is worth the money spent.

Cheers.
Michael Gan

No comments: