Saturday, August 8, 2009

How much Life insurance is Enough

Dearest buddies,

This is base on my view about how much Life Insurance is enough ?

Take me as an example, I bought my Life Insurance with 36 Critical Illness as rider
Year 1998 age = 33 years old (the year I bought my policy)
Year 1998 monthly salary = RM2,800
Sum assurred = RM150,000 for Death or Disability (TPD) +RM50,000 for 36 CI

From age 33 till my retirement age at 55, what's the minimum income (Human Economic Values) I will earn over the next 22 years ? (assuming no increments or bonuses)

2,800/mth x 12 months x 22 years = RM739,200

I guarantee that I will earn this minimum RM739,200 on one condition, that from age 33 to 55, nothing happen to me.

CAN I GUARANTEE THAT ?

! If something does happen to me here, my minimum RM739,200 value become RM 0 almost overnight!
Something really happen to me in year 2005 and I make a 36 CI claims of RM54,000 and used up around RM100,000 on my medical card.

So how much insurance do I really need?

Logic will tell me that I will need RM739,200 of life insurance. However, not many people can afford that. I can't afford it for sure. So, what's the minimum sum assured that I need to aim for?

Minimum insurance amount recommended:

At least 10 years of INCOME

Salary x 12 months x 10 years
RM2,800 x 12 x 10 = RM336,000

WHY?

I should insured myself for at least RM336,000 because:
for eg. I was strike with 36 CI in 2005 at age 39, I should get RM336,000 critical illness coverage.
Invest the money - 10% annual return (assumption)

Therefore

RM336,000 x 10% = RM33,600/year = RM2,800/month

which is equivalent to my current salary

Therefore, in the event of a claim, I can withdraw a regular monthly income without touching my capital.

For Peace of Mind and everything that matters.

I'll always be here for you.

Cheers.
Michael Gan
019-3333632
PS this is the end of my initial education process on Life insurance, will update you all accordingly whenever I gain new experience

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, not to say the calculation is wrong, but once anyone gets struck by 36Ci, a big portion of the 36CI claims should have been utilized to pay off your hospitalization & medical bills, it leaves you not much to invest. So, what is your view on this.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://jyxaninyl.kogaryu.com/arotek.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life