Monday, July 14, 2008

Cancer survivor

Dearest buddies,

Good morning.

Today I want to share my experience on how I cope with my eating habit.

Way back on June 2006, I remember, my Haadyai sinsei ask me to take the following:

A) Boil soup 2 times per week
- 1 pair of front Lamb Leg
- 150 gramme of Black Bean
- 1 "tahil" of Black Wood Fungus

B) Porridge everyday with
- 15 gramme of Broad Bean
- 15 gramme of Dry Longan
- 10 pieces of Red Date
- 20 gramme of Groundnut
- 15 gramme of Gingko Nut
- 10 gramme of Wolfberry ("Kei Chi")
- 20 gramme of Dry Taro ("Wai Shan")
- 30 gramme of Red Bean
- 80 gramme of Black Glutinuos Rice

I took the above soup and porridge for about 1.5 months time, just imagine having the same porridge everyday for close to 45 days.

My secret of achieving the above is I am not a choosy eater, I think differently and I consider myself lucky because I still had food to take.

Cheers.
Michael Gan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. My mum had a mastectomy surgery 2 weeks ago after being diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer recently.

The breast surgeon told us to look for an oncologist as my mum needs to undergo chemotherapy. And one of the name that came up was Dr Mellor of SJMC.

May I ask what is your personal opinion about Dr Mellor? My main concern now is to get a reliable and honest oncologist, instead of one with only $ in their mind.

Thanks in advance. And praise the Lord indeed for your recovery.